FOSS is BC Parks’ Volunteer Organization of the Year!
- Repair all trails with erosion damage and add erosion control works to prevent further damage.
- Brush trails where foliage is hindering trail use.
- Increase membership in FOSS.
- Add new trails in Okanagan Mountain Park.
- FOSS with help from BC Parks relocated and rebuild the Deeper Creek Bridge in OMPP.
- Created a Self-Guided Interpretive Nature Trail.
- Revised the Adopt-A-Trail program to allow local businesses to adopt trails.
- Created a Facebook Page to provide current information for all trail users.
- Updated the Myra-Bellevue Trail Network Map.
- Hired contractor to perform danger tree mitigation and trail brushing for the Crawford, Astrid and Lookout Trails.
- Hired a contractor to construct erosion control works and trail floating for the Crawford and Surf-n-Turf Trails.
- Added additional trail signage where required.
- A calendar of FOSS events is available on line. Visit foss-kelowna.org/calendar.
The Friends of the South Slopes Society (FOSS) is a volunteer organization dedicated to the promotion of active outdoor recreation by maintaining trails used by hikers, runners, horse riders and mountain bikers in Myra-Bellevue & Okanagan Mountain Provincial Parks and other public lands on the South Slopes
Future Projects & Goals: