Volunteers Maintain the Trails in Myra-Bellevue! Under a Partnership Agreement with BC Parks, the trails in Myra-Bellevue Provincial Park are maintained and improved by:
Friends of the South Slopes Society (FOSS) and Mountain Bikers of the Central Okanagan (MTBco)
If you enjoy these trails, please join F.O.S.S. or MTBco
- Project funding of $47,884. $37,670 was spent to hire a contractor to clear, brush and improve over 39 km of trails in Myra-Bellevue and Okanagan Mountain Parks. Funding: $21,000 from a National Trails Coalition grant and matching funds from FOSS including donations from Central Okanagan Naturalists Club and Okanagan Similkameen Parks Society.
- Major trail washouts in spring of 2015. 70+ hours of volunteer time for remediation and culvert installation.
- Formalized agreement between FOSS and South East Kelowna Irrigation District for FOSS to manage and develop trails – first step in creating a “Get Back” trail to connect KLO Creek Regional Park to the trails in Myra-Bellevue Provincial Park. Is known as the KLO Creek/Myra Recreation Area.
- FOSS’ Adopt A Trail program (regular program and sponsorship) is the heart of FOSS
- Individual adopters contributed 445 volunteer hours in 2015
- Business Sponsors contributed 624 volunteer hours in 2015
- Adopt A Trail sponsors Sovereign Cycle and Valeo Health Clinic decommissioned two sections of trail and rehabilitated eroded and braided trail sections.